Diana Fat, DDS | Implant Restorations
At Diana Fat, DDS, we understand how important it is to have a healthy and beautiful smile. One of the best ways to achieve this is by considering a dental implant restoration by Diana Fat, DDS in Sacramento.
What is a Dental Implant Restoration?
A dental implant restoration is a procedure that replaces a missing tooth or teeth with a dental implant. A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone, where it acts as an artificial tooth root. The dental implant restoration is then attached to the implant, providing a natural-looking replacement tooth that is both strong and functional.
Why is a Dental Implant Restoration Important?
Missing teeth can cause a variety of problems, both physically and emotionally. They can affect your ability to eat and speak properly, and they can also lead to self-consciousness and embarrassment. A dental implant restoration can help to restore your smile, your confidence, and your quality of life.
Benefits of a Dental Implant Restoration
There are many benefits to getting a dental implant restoration, including:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, providing a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Improved function: Dental implants are strong and durable, allowing you to eat and speak with confidence.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants can help to prevent bone loss and gum recession, which can occur when a tooth is missing.
- Convenience: Dental implants are permanent and do not require special care or maintenance, unlike other tooth replacement options such as dentures or bridges.
- Long-term cost savings: Although dental implants may initially cost more than other tooth replacement options, they can actually save you money in the long run by reducing the need for future dental work.
How is a Dental Implant Restoration Performed?
The dental implant restoration process typically involves several steps:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with your dentist to determine if you are a candidate for a dental implant restoration.
- Implant placement: If you are a candidate for a dental implant restoration, the next step is to have the implant placed into your jawbone. This procedure is typically done by an oral surgeon under local anesthesia and is relatively painless.
- Healing process: After the implant is placed, it will need to heal and fuse with the jawbone. This process can take several months, during which time a temporary restoration may be placed.
- Final restoration: Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, a final restoration, such as a crown, bridge, or denture, will be attached to the implant.
Is a Dental Implant Restoration Right for You?
If you are missing one or more teeth, a dental implant restoration may be a good option for you. However, it is important to consult with Dr. Fat to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure. Factors such as overall health, oral hygiene, and the amount of available bone in the jaw can all affect whether or not you are a good candidate for a dental implant restoration.
At Diana Fat, DDS, we believe that everyone deserves a healthy and beautiful smile. If you are missing teeth, a dental implant restoration can help to restore your smile, your confidence, and your quality of life. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how a dental implant restoration by Diana Fat, DDS can benefit you.